To help ensure ALL of our residents understand our pet and animal-related policies (No Pet and Animal Policy / Pet Policy / Animal Policy) we require EVERYONE to complete a third-party screening and review process. This process ensures we have formalized pet and animal-related policy acknowledgments and more accurate records to create greater mutual accountability. Please find the category below that best describes you to get started
This is a required application process for anyone that does NOT own a pet or animal. There is no cost ($) to you for completing the application process
This is a required application process for anyone that owns a household pet. This includes dogs and cats and might include pets that live in cages such as birds, hamsters, rabbits, snakes or fish tanks (because of the contained water) so please ask your housing provider for clarification regarding these types of pets
This is a required review process for anyone with a non-obvious disability and disability-related need for an assistance animal. This process provides a HIPAA compliant and secure way of submitting a reasonable accommodation request for an assistance animal (service animals, emotional support animals, companion animals, etc.) that will be reviewed by a third-party legal review team to ensure the accommodation request meets HUD’s Fair Housing Act guidelines. There is no cost ($0) to you to submit an accommodation request. Please make sure you are aware of your State’s laws, if any, for submitting a fraudulent accommodation request
There is a $250 -$500 per pet fee required to be paid in full prior to occupancy and an additional $25 - $50 pet rent per pet charged monthly.
Tenant shall not have any mammals, reptiles, birds, rodents, insects, or fish tank over 10 gallons or pet of any nature on or about the Premises with the exception of the pets that have been pre-approved in writing by the Landlord. This also includes animals, birds or pets of any nature of any guests, relatives, or invited parties to the Premises. Any fish tank that exceeds 50 gallons is not be allowed on the premises due to the liability. There is to be “no baby-sitting or care taking” of any other person(s) animals, birds, or pets of any nature for any period of time. Feeding stray or unauthorized pets is prohibited. If any unauthorized pets are discovered on the property at any time during the lease, the Tenant agrees to pay, $100 per month per pet once a pet is discovered or reported and the tenant is deemed to be in breech of the contract. Tenant will be held responsible for all of the conditions stated below.
Tenant agrees to pay any and all deposits or non-refundable fees per pet as required at move in and any required pet rent per pet included with their rental payment each month, as described in the lease. Tenant assumes all financial responsibility for damages caused by said pet including any personal injuries to any persons caused by any pet, and damages to another person’s property caused by any pet. There is no additional deposit or pet fee required for support or companion animals. Tenant agrees to the below conditions in consideration of the authorization of the pet, support animal, or companion animal, to occupy the Premises.
1. Tenant agrees to keep said pet, or support or companion animal under control at all times and obey all city ordinances related to the keeping of pets, or support or companion animal as well as any and all condominium and/or HOA rules which may apply.
2. Tenant agrees Landlord shall have the right to procure cleaning and deodorization at Tenant’s expense and tenant agrees that the resulting charges may be deducted from their security deposit.
3. Tenant agrees that Landlord may revoke permission to keep said pet on Premises by giving Tenant written thirty (30) days notice.
4. If the pet, support or companion animal is a cat, the cat must be neutered or spayed. Tenant must provide and maintain an appropriate litter box.
5. No pet, or support or companion animal shall be fed on unprotected carpeting within the Premises. Tenant shall prevent any fleas or other infestation of the Premises or other property of Landlord.
6. If in the opinion of Landlord the pet or animal becomes annoying, bothersome or in any way a nuisance to other neighbors or to the operation of the community, Tenant will immediately, upon notice from Landlord, remove the pet, or support or companion animal from the Premises.
7. Permission to keep pet(s), support or companion animal is restricted only to the particular pet(s) described above and does not extend to any other animal or pets.
8. Pet, support or companion animal will not be allowed to run loose on grounds, unless the grounds are enclosed, or in other common areas. When on common areas, the pet must be kept on a leash.
9. Landlord shall not be liable for any damages to person or property caused by Tenant’s pet, support or companion animal and Tenant hereby agrees to hold agent harmless from such liability, assuming the same liability themselves.
10. All pets, support or companion animals, must be properly licensed and inoculated for rabies and other usual inoculations for the pet(s), support or companion animal.
11. Tenant agrees to be fully responsible for any damage caused to the property by the pet(s), support or companion animal and for any and all above normal wear and tear, and agrees to fully compensate the Landlord for any and all such damage or additional wear and tear including but not limited to:
a. Cleaning up 100% of any droppings deposited in the yard by the pet(s), support or companion animal immediately following each incident.
b. Filling in any holes in the yard, re-sodding, repairing fences or landscaping as deemed necessary to restore the yard to original condition.
c. Replacing doors, screens, windows, window coverings, or any other items scratched, torn, damaged or soiled by the pet(s), support or companion animal.
d. Additional cleaning or replacement at the discretion of the Landlord of any carpeting that has been damaged, soiled or stained or which has an odor as a result of the pet(s), support or companion animal.
e. Deodorizing and disinfecting any floor or wall or other surfaces
12. Tenant agrees to not breed any pet or animal on the property. If any breeding does occur, Tenant agrees to promptly remove from the property any offspring of any pet or support or companion animal as soon as weaning is completed.
13. All required shots for pets must be current on move-in date and must be kept current throughout this lease (especially rabies shots). A shot certificate/or shot record must be made available to landlord immediately upon demand.
14. If occupants have pets or support or companion animal, the cost to deodorize and sanitize the home will be deducted from the security deposit following move-out.
15. Tenant will protect, defend, indemnify, and hold landlord, landlord’s property manager, and landlord’s agents harmless from any damages, cost, attorney fees, and expenses that are caused by the act of any pet or tenant.
PET ADDITION: In order to add a pet to the lease after its initial commencement, the Tenant must 1) submit a written request to their property manager detailing the pet requested in order to obtain approval from the Property Owner 2) a Pet Addendum must be signed by all Tenants on the lease and a $100 non-refundable pet fee will be required prior to the pet moving into the property. The monthly fee of $25 will be added per pet and will be paid each month with the rental payment. To add an additional pet to the lease, there will be a $40 administrative processing/re-inspection fee charged for this service. Tenants are not allowed to replace an existing pet on a lease with a new pet but will pay an additional fee for each new pet added. If a pet dies or moves out, the monthly pet fee will continue until the end of the current lease and any deposits held will not be released until Tenant's move-out.
PET REMOVAL/PROHIBITED BREEDS: Landlord may remove any unauthorized pet by giving one day’s prior written notice (posted or mailed) of intent to remove the pet. Landlord may ask the local humane society or local authority to conduct proper removal. The following constitutes a list of animals, and or breeds of animals that shall not be permitted in or on the Premises at any time. Animals which display substantially similar characteristics or traits to those animals listed below shall be treated as prohibited breeds. Dobermans, Pit Bulls, Chowchows, Akitas, Rottweiler’s, Siberian Huskies, Malamutes, Presa Canario, Wolf Hybrids, German Shepherds, American Stafforshire Terriers, Mastiffs, St Bernard’s, Great Danes, Karelian Bear Dog, Dingos and/or any hybrid or mixed breed of one of aforementioned breeds. Additionally, no poisonous or exotic animals, such as tarantulas, piranhas, snakes, iguanas, ferrets, skunks, raccoons, rats, or squirrels shall be allowed in our on the Premises.